Hello and welcome! This blog is about expat life in France, teaching English abroad, traveling around Europe for cheap, and lots more.
Here’s how it all got started. A few years ago, I moved to France and spent four years in Paris and Lyon. I taught English in private language schools, in a high school as a TAPIF language assistant, and at the univeristy level as a lectrice. I also ate a lot of croissants.
Recently, I moved back to California to dive into the world of localization. I’m currently in San Francisco, eating tacos and taking pictures of pastel houses.
New around here? Here are some of the most popular posts from the blog:
Top posts on how to move to France
Top posts on teaching English in France
- Things I Wish I Had Known About Teaching English in France
- TAPIF: My Favorite ESL Games and Lessons
- Preparing for the TAPIF Language Assistant Program in France: What to do, and what not to do
- Working in France: Lectrice Q&A
- $50 discount at the International TEFL Academy
Top posts on Lyon
Top posts on Paris
- Paris Cheap Eats: International yummies for 10 euros or less
- La Campagne à Paris
- Eating My Way Through Paris (Again)
- 3 Dreamy Neighborhoods to Wander in Paris
Top posts on French language & culture
- Two things you should never say to your French boyfriend
- Seven foods that need to go mainstream in France
- 6 Things to Cook for your French Friends
Top rants on French bureaucracy
- Renewing my visa in Lyon: 9 hours at the préfecture
- Winning an epic battle with French lab billing
- The Préfecture: Hell in France?
- Social Security Saga: Getting l’assurance maladie in France part 1 and part 2